Harmony Clinical Research BV (“HarmonyCR”) respects your right to privacy. Your ability to make informed choices about the use of your information is important to us. This Privacy Statement details how and why we collect, use and store your personal information within HarmonyCR. If you have any comments or questions about this Privacy Statement or the collection and use of your personal data, please contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org .
As used in this Privacy Statement, “Personal Information” means information that can be (in)directly associated with a specific person or entity such as a name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or other information.
Personal Information that we may collect
We may collect and process information about you when you are either
- An online visitor
- An applicant
- A vendor
- A customer
When you contact us, visit our website, apply for a position or do business with us we may collect and store personal information about your interactions with us. Combined we may process the following personal information about you:
- Full name
- Email address
- Contact details (phone, residence)
- Online identifiers
- Recruitment information
- Any information that you provide us with in correspondence.
How we use your personal Information
We may use the personal data listed above for the following purposes:
- Respond to your questions and inquiries
- Recruit personnel
- Perform website analysis
- Comply with our legal requirements
What is the legal basis for our use of your personal information?
- When you are an online visitor, we use our legitimate interest to perform analytical and statistical analysis of our website and its visitors
- When you are an applicant, we use our legitimate interest in the process of recruitment.
- When you are a vendor, we use our contractual and legal obligations as our legal basis for the processing of personal data.
How we Protect your personal Information
HarmonyCR uses appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data we process is protected from unauthorized access, use, destruction, alteration, or disclosure in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note that no data transmission or IT storage system can be 100% secure and we cannot fully guarantee the security of personal data. However, when data transmission or IT storage problems arise we have appropriate procedures in place to protect your personal information and privacy.
How we may share your personal information
We may share personal data:
- if required to do so by law and/or regulations;
- with service providers that carry out functions or services on our behalf that enable our operations. This includes our IT applications and systems, website analytics and search engine providers. This also includes the protection and securing of our systems and services.
- We will never sell your data to another entity unless HarmonyCR or parts of it are sold.
International transfers of personal data
HarmonyCR performs research in collaboration with partners located across the world. HarmonyCR is committed to complying with European and other applicable Data Protection Laws regarding information that is transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
The laws in countries outside the EEA may not be as strict as the laws in within the EEA. Considering this, HarmonyCR has taken measures to protect your privacy and fundamental privacy rights when your personal data is transferred outside the EEA and to other countries where no adequacy decisions of the European Commission apply.
This includes the use of appropriate safeguards such as standard contractual clauses and safe transfer protocols to ensure adequate protection. We may also inform you about a proposed data transfer and ask you for your explicit consent. When we do this, we will always inform you of the possible risks to your personal data. When personal information collected by HarmonyCR and is subsequently transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), detailed information can be found in the Informed Consent Form that you will be or have been provided with.
Retention of your personal information
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we have collected your personal information, including any legal requirements. When the personal information is no longer needed for its original processing goal, and there are no further legal requirements, we will delete your personal information.
For applicants submitting their CV via the website, we ask your explicit consent to retain your CV and other data related to your application for a period of 10 year. This allows us to interact with you also in future about potential vacancies. In case you don’t provide your explicit consent for this long-term storage, your CV and other data related to your application will be deleted after 2 months. Your refusal for long-term storage will not have any influence on your current application.
How to exercise your Privacy Rights
You have the following rights regarding your Personal Information:
- Right to access information about how we process your personal data, including the categories of personal data we process, recipients of your personal information, and purposes for our processing.
- Right to rectification of inaccurate personal information concerning you, as well as, considering the purposes of the processing, the right to have incomplete personal information completed.
- Right to erasure (deletion) of personal information concerning you where:
- the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw your consent and there are no other legal grounds for the processing;
- you exercise your right to object (see below) and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for the processing;
- the personal information has been unlawfully processed; or
- the personal information has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation applicable to us.
- Right to restriction of processing (i.e., data will be blocked from normal processing but not erased) where:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal information, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy;
- the processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure of the personal information and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- we no longer need the personal information for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you exercise your right to object (see below) pending the verification of whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
- Where processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing prior to such withdrawal.
Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information in some limited circumstances.
- Where processing is based on your consent, or on a contract, the right to data portability, i.e. the right to obtain a copy of the data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from us.
- Right to object to the processing of personal information based on our legitimate interests, if there are no compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that would override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us using the information in the section ‘How To Contact Us’ at the end of this Privacy Statement.
In order to be able to identify you, we ask for a copy of your id, driver’s license or passport. However, you must mask certain things such as the social security number, signature, photo, and document number. You must also put on the document the date on which you provide us with your copy of proof of identity, and the name of our company. If you have a request, you will normally receive a reply within 30 days. If the procedure takes longer, it can be extended once to 60 days. You will then receive a message within 30 days.
We may charge you a reasonable fee in the case that you request additional copies of your personal information or make excessive requests. If we are unable to honour your request, or before we charge a fee, we will inform you of the reasons why. Insofar as is practicable and required under law, we will notify third parties with whom we have shared your personal information of any request for correction, deletion, and/or restriction to the processing of your personal information. Please note that we cannot guarantee third parties will follow up on our notification and we encourage you to contact those third parties directly.
Automated individual decision-making
HarmonyCR does not use automated individual decision-making.
Amendments to this Privacy Statement
HarmonyCR reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time by posting changes on our website. We encourage you to review it periodically.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our Privacy Statement, if you wish to exercise your rights or if you wish to lodge a complaint, please contact us.
Harmony Clinical Research BV
Registered with the Belgian Chamber of Commerce under number: 0842 518 145
Via email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org